Myers & Sons Construction, LP and Myers & Sons Construction, LLC (collectively the “Company” or “We”) is committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the Company on a need to know basis only use any personal information collected from individuals. We are committed to ensuring the security of our systems and data.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services because we will not be able to perform the Services.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Policy will inform you how the Company collects and processes your personal information through your use of the Services. This Policy applies to personal information we collect:
- Directly from you when you visit our Website or communicate with us or our representatives (whether electronically, by telephone or paper forms);
- From third parties such as background screening companies, recruiting firms or websites, etc., and
- Automatically from you as you browse our Website.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page or by sending an email to the e-mail address you provided to us. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes to our Policy.
It is important that the personal information, and importantly, the contact information we hold about you is accurate and current. If you provide your e-mail address to us, you are responsible for ensuring we have a current e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this page. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting the Company.
2. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect types of information which identify, relate to or is capable of being associated with a particular individual (“Personal Information”). In the last twelve (12) months, the Company has collected the following categories of Personal Information:
Examples of Information Under This Category
(*Not all of this information is collected by the Company)
Is this Information
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, government issued identification number, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code section 1798.80(e))
|A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, government issued identification number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number or any other financial information, medical information or health insurance information.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Commercial information
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Biometric information
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, fingerprints, faceprints and voiceprints.
F. Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
G. Geolocation data
H. Sensory data
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history.
J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.W. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregated consumer information, or other information specifically exempted by statute (such as health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other sector-specific privacy laws (including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994).
3. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect this information from you and about you including:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
- Use our Services
- Request marketing be sent to you;
- Fill out a form or contact our representatives; or
- Give us some feedback or report a problem with our Services.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- From our business partners, such as background screening companies, recruiting firms, or websites, etc.
- Web analytics providers.
- Advertising networks.
- Search information providers.
4. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- For testing, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, Services and products.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose your Personal Information to affiliated companies and external parties for business purposes or if required by applicable law, and when we do so, the parties are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We may also share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties: governmental agencies, Service Providers (such as technology service providers and financial service providers).
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) month period, we have disclosed information within the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
- Category G: Geolocation data
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information
In the preceding twelve (12) month period, we disclosed Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
- Affiliated companies
Sales of Personal Information. The Company does not “sell” any categories of Personal Information to any external parties that are considered to be a “third party” as such terms are defined under California Civil Code section 1798.140, and the Company has not “sold” any Personal Information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
6. CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect, use, disclose or sell Personal Information from children under age 16. If you know or suspect that your child has submitted Personal Information to us and you would like to request that such information be removed, you may do so by contacting us at the address listed below in the Contact Information section.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
If you are located in a province, country, or other government jurisdiction outside of the United States, and if you choose to provide your Personal Information to the Company through our Services, please be aware that your personal information will be transferred to and maintained on computers located in the United States and the applicable US privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We also limit access to Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. These individuals will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
9. DATA RETENTION
We may maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Information and may keep such information indefinitely in order to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your Personal Information with any third parties for advertising purposes.
- Updates and Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote or provide updates about our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to the e-mail address provided below in the Contact Information section. If we have sent you a marketing or promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to communications with the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to the e-mail address provided below in the Contact Information section.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumer Requests: Your Rights and Choices About Personal Information Under California Law
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information unless an exception applies. This section also describes how to exercise those rights by submitting a consumer request (“Consumer Request”).
If you are a California resident, you have the right (subject to exemptions provided under the law) to:
- Request to know the categories of Personal Information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purposes for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collect about you, all occurring within the past twelve (12) months.
- Request deletion of the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you.
- Not be discriminated against for exercising any of your legal rights regarding your Personal Information.
- Request, under California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How to Submit a Consumer Request
To exercise your access, data portability, and deletion rights, please submit a Consumer Request to the contact information below. The Consumer Request must describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. Please specify if your Consumer Request pertains to all specific pieces of your Personal Information, or only with respect to the categories of Personal Information. You may only make a Consumer Request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period.
How We Will Verify Consumer Requests
Only you, or a person or entity that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a Consumer Request related to your Personal Information. To designate an authorized agent, we will ask you provide us with legal documentation (such as power of attorney documentation) or written permission and the agent will need to verify their own identity with us.
We reserve the right to require you to provide additional information to enable us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom the Personal Information pertains in order to release the requested information to you (or your authorized representative). If you have an account with us, you will be asked to use the standard authentication procedures to access your account. If you do not have an account with us, you will be asked to verify certain pieces of your Personal Information. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may be unable to provide you with information responsive to the request.
How We Will Respond to Consumer Requests
We endeavor to respond to verifiable Consumer Requests within forty-five (45) days after receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days) we will inform you of the reason and extension in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response(s) to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response(s) by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt of the Consumer Request. If we deny (or cannot comply with) the Consumer Request, we will explain why. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your Consumer Request unless such request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
The information on this Website is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- disclaims all representations and warranties relating to this Website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this Website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- shall not be liable for indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
The above disclaimers, exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
© 2020. Myers and Sons Construction. All rights reserved.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
Contact for General Inquiries, Consumer Requests, and Requests to Change Information
If you provided us with Personal Information and would like to exercise your access, data portability, deletion or other disclosure rights, change your information, or unsubscribe from an e-mail subscription, please just contact us in one of the following methods.
Mail: 4600 Northgate Blvd, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95834
Attn: Director of Human Resources