The company is seeking a HR Generalist to provide support on all personnel matters in our office in Los Angeles, CA. The ideal candidate will be responsible for recruitment efforts, new hire orientation and onboarding, employee termination, benefits, company policy and procedure adherence. In addition, you will build strong relationships with our company's managers in order to help them with their human resource needs.
Responsibilities and Support Functions
• Engage in full-cycle of recruitment efforts for professionals, college students and craft employees
• Manage Internship Program
• Assist in Social Media presence for company
• Perform new hire orientation, onboarding efforts and employee termination process
• Assist with benefits administration
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and legal Responsibilities
• Work with Unions on dispatches, grievances, and reporting
• Support payroll functions such as Certified Payroll, termination checks, and reporting
• Administer companywide training program and self-perform certain training for compliance
• Assist in incident investigation and reporting
• Maintain employee files and use HRIS system
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
• Support local team with general office duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area
• 3+ years' of experience working in Human Resources
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Myers and Sons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.