Myers & Sons Construction, LP is currently looking for a Regional Safety Manager to provide training and support to our projects throughout Southern California.
- Works under and with the Corporate Safety Manager to accomplish construction safety goals.
- Assists Corporate Safety Manager and other management in meeting established Company and Client safety and risk goals and objectives. This position reports to the Corporate Safety Manager.
- Provide administrative and technical direction and provide updates on all project(s) safety and health programs, procedures and policies
- Provide assistance to project management personnel to ensure compliance with all safety programs, procedures and policies
- Provide technical and administrative direction to on-site safety and first aid personnel
- Thoroughly investigate all incidents resulting in a first aid, recordable / lost time injuries or property / equipment damage
- Perform regular job site inspections and prepare reports
- Advise on Federal, State, and Local occupational/industrial safety and health regulations; monitor regulatory changes as they occur; provide technical support to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations
- Implement construction-related safety and health programs, and construction-related standards in the Southern California Region.
- Monitor, track, and communicate construction-related safety, incidents and training records
- May act as company representative on issues relating to environmental protection concerns. Interfaces as necessary with environmental regulatory agencies and audits project site compliance with protection requirements.
- Keep senior management informed of significant internal and external developments regarding health and safety
- Conduct Safety related training on site as needed
- Conduct full on-boarding process for all new and re-hires in Southern California including drug test scheduling, new hire paperwork, and safety training.
- Five years of occupational safety/health related experience. CHST and/or CSP candidate preferred.
- OSHA Outreach Trainer preferred.
- Specific training in the following areas: CalOSHA safety requirements, First Aid and CPR, presentation and facilitation skills
- Advanced training in safety management preferred
- Over 5 years of construction safety experience. Heavy Civil, Water-Waste Water preferred
- Good driving record.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures
- Experience in managing safety programs on multiple project locations is required
- Requires extensive knowledge of behavior based safety
- Ability to train and influence all levels of the organization in key company safety training programs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications (verbal and written) skills
- Must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality, and productivity
How to Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Myers and Sons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.